This week’s questions come from
01. What is something that you have lost recently?: My sanity! Lol… No, I lost that a long time ago. I did lose a bottle of medication recently. Nobody’s been here so I know it’s in this house somewhere. I’m sure I’ll find it as soon as I give in and purchase more.
02. Do you own any self-help books?: I own many, almost a shelf full. Actually very few I purchased for myself, the rest are from college. I studied to be a natural health practitioner, although I don’t currently work in that field. There was a lot of self help books in the curriculum.
03. Do you live near the sea or ocean?: No, I am land locked in Ontario. There is Lake Ontario just south of me though, about a 20-25 minute drive, and although it is just a lake. it will suffice in a pinch. I grew up next to the ocean and the mountains, two of the few things I miss from there.
04. Have you ever spent ages making/writing something on your computer when it suddenly crashed and you lost it all?: I have! It’s the worst feeling having poured out all those words and then having them just disappear.
05. Do you enjoy food shopping?: It’s the only kind of shopping I enjoy. Not your typical girl that’s for sure. I could spend a whole afternoon in a good supermarket but can barely stand an hour at a shopping mall.
06. What are you having for lunch?: An egg sandwich today. My son ate cheesies. Lol…
07. Are you one of those people who can sleep through anything?: I used to be but not since having my son. Now I wake at most any sound. I sometimes even wake up because it’s too quiet!
08. Do you like love letters?: Absolutely! I haven’t had one in ages though. I remember one of my exes, he used to travel for work, he would send me letters and postcards when he was travelling. We used to have monstrous telephone bills as well, but I just loved those hand written notes.
09. Have you ever received or written one?: Oops, I guess I answered this one on the last question.
10. How far does your nearest relative live?: I have a relative in this city that I don’t ever see. The closest to me that I do see and gather with often is about a 45 mins drive west. They are cousins. I don’t have any immediate relatives near me though. The closest would be my sister and she’s on an island about 2500 kms away.
11. Do you like velvet?: I’ve never thought about it. I don’t know.
12. What kind of art do you like?: There isn’t one specific type I like, it just needs to speak to me, touch me in some way. My favorite known artists include James Lumbers (local Canadian boy), Vincent van Gogh, and Claude Monet.
13. If you went to London, where would you go first?: I’m a nerd, I’d probably take an afternoon tea then go to the British Library, or the library first followed by afternoon tea. Either way, tea and books. 🙂
14. If you had to pick one friend who is the most interesting, who would you pick?: Oh gee, that’s a difficult one. I’d have to say Laura. She’s been through a lot of things that would have been the end for some people. Plus, she’s just a hoot to be around. A few years ago I would have said Jim hands down. Unfortunately he passed away in the 2010 Haiti earthquake. I still think about him and all the stories left untold.
15. Can you think of the meanest thing you have ever done/said to someone?: I told somebody once that if I had a gun I would shoot him. I also punched that man in the face. He’s really the only person I have been purposefully mean to.
16. What magazines do you read?: Whatever is in the waiting room at the doctor’s office. I rarely buy magazines. It isn’t worth the money when I can just read much of them online.
17. What/who has been on your mind today?: Have been thinking about my brothers today. I miss them now that we all live so far apart. It’s difficult with my family so far away.
18. Would you be interested in ghost-hunting?: It might be cool to do with the right group of people. I wouldn’t be into doing it with a bunch of pranksters. I’d want to be with people who were genuinely interested.
Go here to play along with Sunday Stealing yourself.