If you are a regular reader of my blog you know that I have been struggling as of late. There are a few reasons for this, family stuff, work issues, but the main being my heartbreak at losing Him. (No worries, he hasn’t died. He is just off on a path of his own, one he must walk alone.) I was truly surprised at how He affected me in such a relatively short period of knowing him. He was a first in many respects, and I don’t think we ever completely get over our firsts. They leave an impression that can’t be forgotten.
You may have noticed my neglect at posting new fiction pieces. Because of everything that has been going on I have not been feeling particularly inspired to write. It isn’t that I don’t want to write, I do have ideas and have started several pieces, I just can’t get them to come out the way I want. I muddle them up somewhere between conception and when my pencil touches paper. Yes, I do still actually write a lot of things on paper before starting up the computer and posting online. Except for this post, which I am doing on my phone.
I started the Becoming series (which you can catch up with here) earlier this year. My plan was, and still is, to continue this series with a dozen or so stories about this couple and their journey. I have posted three pieces so far and have several more drafts started. I keep projecting my own sorrows and issues onto the characters, which will work for some things but not for others . This is where I need your help.
I would like you to help get me back on track, to be my inspiration, my muse of sorts, ghost writers. Please answer some, or all if so inclined, of the questions I pose below. You can leave your answers as a comment, write your own blog post and leave the link, or email me privately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then I will incorporate some of your answers into the series.
Let’s see how this thing goes!
1. How old were you when you began your journey into BDSM or your first D/s relationship? What lead you there?
2. What was your biggest misconception?
3. What surprised you the most? Was it something you liked, or didn’t like, maybe a response?
4. What was your biggest mistake?
5. What do you want to learn more about? A fetish, fantasy, dynamic, or something else?
6. If you have “guest stars”, where or how do you find them? What are your rules for sharing or inviting someone to join?
7. Do you enjoy rope play? What is it that excites you, as the rigger or the one being bound? (Yes, there are two rope pieces in the draft folder.)
8. What advice would you give to a newbie?
9. What scenarios would you like me to explore with this couple?
10. And because I like even numbers, here’s another… Do you have any special ways of helping with writers block?
I thank you all in advance and look forward to your help. With this, I promise to post a new story this week.